My Patterns

Sunday, January 25, 2015

My Quick Little Comfy Car-seat Cozy



A sweet young couple I know is expecting a baby boy in four weeks.  The mamma's baby shower was today and this is the quick, little, comfy car-seat cozy I made for her gift.  Her colors are navy, turquoise, grey and green.


I worked this little cozy blanket up in "I Love This Yarn" from Hobby Lobby, and used a large 6.0mm (J) hook so that it would be extra soft and snuggly.  
Yarn colors are: Navy, Turquoise, Greybeard, Limelight and Light Gray.

Using a basic granny square motif, I joined squares using the 
Jaygo technique on the last round with the corners worked in a typical granny dc instead of tr. 
There are 25 total squares (5sq x 5sq)


For the border, I worked a granny shell round in navy, then a sc round in navy, then a hdc round in navy followed by a hdc round each of gray ,turquoise, light gray, green and navy.

My finished blanket measures 26 inches square.
I spent less than 2 days working up this sweet little gift and I think it turned out so cute!

I will be working up a detailed pattern which I hope to have available soon.

1 comment:

  1. That's going to be a happy little momma to receive this sweet car blanket!! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete